Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Loss of Pounds with a Side Order of Lost Inches Please!

Eleven days into our New Year, and as Dr Phil would ask, "How's that workin' for ya?"
The to-do list is in my head, but the execution has been a struggle. However, because I know the outcome will be a positive one, I persevere. As blogged previously, I am a work in process. And what a process it is!
Scale is lower, but still reading a very "Biggest Loser" number of 224.8.
Clothes are fitting differently. Someone said, "You're losing inches right now, not pounds." And though I appreciate the insight, and I appreciate that the clothes are fitting differently and loosely... I want to see a loss of pounds WITH my 'loss of inches.' Yes, that's what I would like to order.... "A loss of pounds with a side order of lost inches please!"
I'm still trying to figure out where to 'order' some anti-gravity! Gravity is just evil! Nature's way of reminding you that you're no longer in your twenties, or even your thirties. What I am learning though... no matter what your age.... working out is essential. Essential for the body and the mind. What I am also learning too, is that you can't remedy and restore a body you let go to Hell, overnight. My current body was not an overnight train wreck. So, I need to remind myself daily, that conditioning it, restoring it, working it to its maximum potential, will also not happen overnight.
I often think of what God would say to me when we met. Would He say, "Look at you, you're a Hot Mess. I give this body to you, and this is how you treat it!" Or would She say, "I don't think you look all that bad, besides, I gave you a beautiful face!"
I gave a friend two different size frying pans for Christmas. But, then I found myself putting a disclosure on them by saying, "Wash them by hand, they'll go bad in the dishwasher." That's like me giving my son a new bottle of cologne, but then telling him, "Only spray it once or twice, or you're just wasting it." Never happened..... but still, who am I to 'disclose' anything? If I were to give him cologne, I probably would say that. Well, he is twenty-two now, so maybe not. The frying pan recipient is thirty-six. So....... Whatever....... Okay, maybe I have 'disclosure' issues. I'd rather just call it a Barbara-ism! (you'll need to read previous blogs for that one, people)
Life's lessons are our own disclosures. The choices we make, and the lessons we both grow from and learn from, allow us to evolve into the person we are truly to be. And if you can't laugh along the way, then you're not really enjoying the ride. If you can't make light of things that are dark, or you can't see that the glass is really half full, then you've not learned any lessons...... yet. But, maybe in time... in time you will.
I joke with my God being a He or a She, but whether a He or a She, I know that when we meet, God will be able to say, "I'm so glad you figured it all out, but what took you so long?"

No comments:

Post a Comment