Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Off to a great start!
Though I haven't weighed myself, my clothes are fitting better.  Just over one week in, there have been highs and lows, but overall, it's been a decent week.  I have no complaints.  Who would I complain to?  Who would I blame?  At some point, one should simply to take ownership.  Nothing "simple" about that statement.
If you're not happy, it's your fault.  That's such a bold statement, yet it's so true.  Making yourself priority isn't selfish, it's necessary.  This is also a bold statement and without a doubt, easier said than done.  There's only so many hours in a day.  My days used to be consumed by doing for others.  I'm a firm believer that you should be good to others, but, you should be better to yourself.
I'll jump on the scale soon enough.  Until then, I'm happy knowing that the baby steps I'm taking are landing me in looser fitting clothes. 
What I do know is this... fat friends do NOT like their fat friends losing weight!  Just when you thought you needed to channel every ounce of strength within yourself to proceed, for yourself, with what you feel is in your best interest; as your dropping pounds, decreasing in inches and improving your health and well being...  You will instead need to divvy out some of that strength to say "no" to your friends, who want to celebrate your milestones by taking you out to dinner.
As you shop for new clothes, you may need to shop for new friends.  It's harder to maintain friendships after weight loss, than actually maintaining the weight loss itself.  Let's hope my friends prove me wrong on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment