Sunday, September 2, 2012

120 DAYS

Hello September!
2012!!!
September 2012
Hummm?
I remember growing up and always being told, "You just wait, time flys by when you're older!"  "The older you are, the faster it goes!"  "You wake up one day and wonder where did all those years go, where did the time go?"  It also seemed, the older the person was, the more they would share these statements.  You certainly don't hear this from a 25 year old!  Not a 30 year old!  Although, you will hear it from them if they have children.  They measure the days gone by, by how 'big' their child is now.
I'm not as old as some and certainly not as young as others.  However, I am a firm believer of "Age is just a number."  It's not your age that defines who you are, it's how you're living your life that defines who you are.  How I live my life and how you live your life may not be the same.  Although if you feel love (by either being loved or having loved), if you feel a sense of joy, a sense of purpose, a sense of fulfillment and maybe even a sense of self... I would have to say you're on your way.  Maybe even those few things aren't on your agenda.  Maybe they're not objectives of yours; that's okay too.  I have several objectives as I live my life.... and believe me, there's not enough blog space.  My list of lifes' objectives gets longer as I get older.
As I open up Fall storage containers and admire clothes I know I was going to fit into this season (yeah, they don't flippin' fit, but they look cute on hangers)... As I stumble into September, knowing I do more for others than for myself (yeah, why did God make me so damn kind and selfless)....  As I come to the realization that after three years of not having a full time job, I start one in less than a week (I've waited a long time for the best fit, this is a GREAT fit)... As I'm acknowledging that 43 is a mere four months away...FORTY-THREE..... I may look like my Mom, but I do not look 43.  I'm not even sure what 43 looks like, I just know when people find out how old I am, they think I'm 28-36.  Hot damn!!!  I'll take it!  Yes, age is just a number... but, when you have others thinking your number is LoWeR than what it really is, then HOORAY!!!  No, these aren't drunk people, or people who owe me money, or people who are trying to get me into bed... these are sober, truth telling, 20/20 seeing people!!!  I'm pretty sure the day I'll look 43, is the day I turn 56!  I can hear it now, "You're 56??? You don't look a day over 43!!!" (i've been practicing my 'Thank You face' for this)
So, the moral of my story today... everything is finally falling into place.  After several years of trial and error with jobs, poor choices of friends, overall lessons learned and stress weighing me down- one pound at a time... I say.... NOW, let's move forward!!!  Financially things are improving!  Now it's time to improve physically!  I am sometimes hindered by psoriatic arthritis, but it's my reality, not my excuse.  I do allow stress to dictate my menu; not everyday, but more than it should!  I do know how to eat right, I do know how to exercise... but, don't we all?  It's safe to say, I'm not consistent!  Well, except for the last three years, I've been a Consistent Hot Mess!
So, for the next 4 months, I shall channel consistency!
The goal: to lose 75 lbs.
16 weeks.... Hell, I just looked it up.... Make that 17 weeks!
I turn 43 on Dec 31, which is a Monday. 
Sunday Sept 2-Sun Dec 30 is 17 weeks!
120 days...................... Bye Bye Pepsi- I will miss you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment