Monday, September 3, 2012

119 DAYS

Happy Labor Day, kids!
I'm a migraine girl, and with that, the silliest things can trigger a headache.  That headache, if not treated in a timely manner, can take me out... quickly!!!  Unfortunately, even when treated in a timely manner, the wrath still relentlessly persists.  I typically know the triggers: periods (not every month, but enough to be aggravated by them), floral scented perfumes, air fresheners and such, spending too much time in bright sunlight and the improper set-up of my pillow.  Yes, my pillow.  If my pillow isn't folded in half, lengthwise and on the 'right' side up (yes, there's a 'wrong' side up)... it will lead to horrible headaches.  Usually, as soon as I lay down, I know!  Last night, it wasn't folded correctly, so I adjusted it and fell asleep.  At one point through the night it must have come unfolded, because the headache that woke me was not good.  However, I wouldn't adjust it.  It would've taken all but a few seconds to raise my hands, adjust the pillow and return to my ZZZZzzzzz's.  Instead, I (throughout the night) kept trying to reposition my head and neck.  It's like when you have to pee at 3am.  Your body is telling you that you have to pee, but you don't want to be bothered to get up, so instead, you try to trick your body by changing your position.  Which only works for 8-10 minutes anyway; if you're lucky!  I was trying to change my position.  I failed myself miserably, because when I got up this morning, I had the worst headache.  Not a great start to my day, but all my doing, just the same.
A decent day, with somewhat of a decent menu and some leg work (with ankle weights) to boot!  Breakfast (9am) was a golf ball size potato, chopped and cooked in a splash of canola oil and water to just cover the bottom of the skillet.  (water being added from time to time, so not to scorch)  Two scrambled eggs and 4 Advil Liquigels I chased down with a half glass of Pepsi.  Believe me.... I WaNtEd MORE Pepsi.... my head was rockin'!  I had water instead (which is no biggie, I like water).  Throbbing headache was gone 30 minutes later.  Lunch (3pm) was 1/2 serving of leftover baked chicken breast, 1 1/2 c steamed carrots, 1 sm granny smith apple and a Breyers All Fruit Bar.  Only to eat again at 4:30pm, when I had a bowl of Special K Blueberry Cereal.  Enjoyed dinner at 7:30pm.  Not too hungry... had a couple of bites of baked chicken breast, some green beans and some instant mashed potatoes.  (I was visiting friends, and that's what they served)  They also, very successfully, guilted me into a piece of cake!  Truth be told, it was kinda dry... but my reasoning to indulge in the first place... it was Labor Day!  I could've indulged, I mean really indulged, but I didn't!
It was a decent day of food choices.  I'd give myself a B-... Like I said, I could have really indulged!!!
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.....
No doubt, I'll sleep better tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment